Vivitar Series 1 105mm f/2.5 1:1 Macro Lens (not bought yet, looking for advise!)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by ztryfe, Nov 6, 2014.

1. ztryfe

ztryfe TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2014
    Mexico
    Vic
    Vivitar Series 1 105mm f/2.5 1:1 Macro Lens (not bought yet, looking for advise!) BOUGHT

I have a chance to pick this one up, at a reasonable price, in my local area, which is pretty rare, taking into account how bloated the prices are on this kind of items over here (twice as much in many cases), plus, the serial starts with 22, Kiron made! And MD mount!

I couldnt find info on how it behaves, works or looks on the forum, with an APS-C, most things are on other platforms on on a A7.

Anybody happen to have it? care to share?

I like macro photo, have a Minolta 50mm 3.5 Macro with tubes, but that doesnt work with living critters too well, the focusing distance is a couple of inches from the front of the lens, this is tempting as I read the focusing is about half a meter for this one.

GAS, impelled by Legacy Lenses, boy am I in trouble!

2. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
    ^^ from that review on the Pentax forum, the lens looks good, real good! That FL and speed would make for a nice portrait lens on FF too (if you ever decide to go that route).
    I have a Vivitar Series1 70-205 f/2.8-4.0 (the one by Komine) that is a heavy beast but a great performer --one of my favorite adapted lenses on my NEX-6. I would not hesitate if it is a good deal. *thumbs up*

• Like Like x 1
  4. ztryfe

Aug 19, 2014
    Mexico
    Vic
    Just narrowed down my price comparison, the MD mount apparently makes it slightly pricier, thus making this a better deal, I think I will........

5. eno789

eno789 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 1, 2012
    NoCal, USA
    Brian
    This, with 52mm filter thread, is the exact same lens as:

Kiron 105mm f/2.8 Macro
    Lester Dine 105mm f/2.8 Macro
    Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 Macro (non Series 1)

There're some threads in the Image Sample sub-forum. I have very good experience with this. Highly recommended.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ztryfe

Aug 19, 2014
    Mexico
    Vic
    Thanks! looking at the kiron image samples right now!

7. ztryfe

Aug 19, 2014
    Mexico
    Vic

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2