1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Vivitar RL Edition 80-200 mm f4.0 Macro 1:3.4x, Anybody use one?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by ErickSaint, Jun 10, 2013.

1. ErickSaint

ErickSaint TalkEmount Regular

Aug 27, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Erick
    I've been looking for a zoom of sorts to add for my hikes. I have gotten a few shots with my Rokkor 50 that turned out just OK when cropped. Missed a few shots that were just too far out of range.

This one has been on CL for a while slowly dropping in price. Only problem is that I can find very little about this lens. Pictures are poor in the listing. I have emailed him once to find out it was a Nikon mount. Told him I may be interested if everything is in good shape and working order, but haven't heard back yet to set a look at it.

Does anybody have any experience with this series of Vivitar? Seems that samples are greatly varying based on who made the lens. What adapter would I need, just Nex to Nikon? Are there different Nikon mounts, I have no experience with anything Nikon.

Thanks for any help.

ViViTAR Camera Lens

2. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I have a few Vivitar's. but not the RL line. I can tell you I am not a fan of the push/pull design, annoying to me.

Occasionally you have to take a gamble.

4. ErickSaint

ErickSaint TalkEmount Regular

Aug 27, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Erick
    Now I see a Minolta posted here in the buy/sell, that may be a better buy since I already have the MD adapter. Hmmmm.