1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. TalkEmount and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.talkemount.com/help/terms

[FS] Vivitar(Nikon) 28/2.8, Canon FD 35/2, Chinon LED ProMaster | Location: USA | Ships: US/Canada

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by Jefenator, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling</br> Vivitar(Nikon) 28/2.8, Canon FD 35/2, Chinon LED ProMaster
    </br>Prices</br> Vivitar Close Focus 28mm 1:2.8 Nikon AI Mount $25
    Canon FD 35mm 1:2 Thorium Chrome Nose Concave Front Element $200
    Chinon LED Promaster SLR Body - 55/1.7 lens needs repair $25
    </br>Location</br> USA
    </br>Ships to</br> US/Canada
    </br>Description</br> Doing some quick New Year's house cleaning, here!

First up is a Vivitar Close Focus 28mm 1:2.8 in Nikon AI Mount. This is the smallest SLR lens I have ever encountered and altogether not a bad performer! No issues - clear glass, snappy aperture. $25 shipped CONUS.

[​IMG]

Focuses down to 1:5!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up is an old Canon FD "Chrome Nose" Thorium 35mm 1:2 with the concave front element. It is big and heavy as heck but also unique in appearance. I was able to remove most of the yellowing from the radioactive element - the overall color now requires no corrections (that I can see) and is in fact more pleasing to me than my AF-Nikkor 35/2. There is some dust inside along with other signs of aging that do not seem to be impacting performance significantly. $200 shipped CONUS.

[​IMG]

Please note, the large visible speck in the picture below is on the other side of the glass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally I have an old Chinon LED Promaster screw mount (M42) film SLR body with 55mm 1:1.7 lens. The body seems to work smoothly (slow shutter speeds & self timer OK, meter works, new batteries). The lens has a very sluggish aperture - visible oil on the blades - I used to be able to coax it down to about f/4.5, now it often won't even close down that far. Definitely a repair project (or leave it permanently set at a wider aperture). $25 shipped CONUS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PayPal is preferred - money orders considered with appropriate delays.

I may withdraw unsold items on Sunday and list them on eBay at a later time.

Thanks for looking! :)
    </br>Payment accepted</br>
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    Shipping method</br> USPS
    </br>Shipping charge</br> included
    </br>Handling time</br> next day
    </br>References</br> Check feedback for Jefenator on eBay and Talkbass.com
    </br>Additional comments</br>
    • Open to trade offers
    • Not open to offers below asking price (Price is firm)
    • Will ship only to the address on the PayPal transaction details page
    • Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address
    Acknowledgement</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. Jefenator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    Vivitar SOLD.

3. Jefenator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    The Chinon is also gone but the Canon 35/2 is still available! Why not be the first on your block to sport a vintage radioactive lens with a concave front element? :cool: