1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Viltrox JY-670 ring light

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by xXx1, Mar 12, 2014.

1. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. raay

raay TalkEmount Regular

Sep 1, 2013
  3. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Not yet. Will probably get one in the autumn. My godox ring flash is working ok now so I will be able to use it during summer.

4. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    I got the flash yesterday.

Works ok. The only problem is keeping the flash head correctly rotated when camera is in portrait position. The flash head is fixed to lens with Cokin P adapters (very good thing) and the head rotates pretty freely. I think that a piece of rubber will fix it.

Adjustment of flash right/left ratio does have some effect with short shooting distances with normal lenses but is probably more useful with macro lenses and very short shooting distances. If I have time I will post a few test images today evening but my regular watering hole is having reopening today so I might be somewhat under influence of alcohol.

I will take some test pictures with macro lens tomorrow, I am testing a couple of new lenses today when time permits. Nikon 300mm/4.5 with tc-14b teleconverter seems pretty promising and Canon 100mm/2.8 is good (and cheap) too.

5. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    3_zpsa5e03f74.

5_zps4c6da121.

4_zps0411c4ec.

3_zpsa5e03f74.

2_zpsc112724a.

1_zps74f5031f.

First picture is with 1:1 lightning ratio and last one is only right tube. Usable lightning ratio is highly dependant about subject. I need some flowers or something like it.

Power was ok. These were taken with 1/16 power setting so there is probably enough light to about 2-3 meters with normal lens, ISO 100 and aperture 4-5.6 or so.

Attached Files: