Viewfinder options?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Synomis192, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Synomis192

Synomis192 TalkEmount Regular

May 26, 2013
    I after using my NEX F3 for quite a while. I realize that not having a dedicated viewfinder sucks a lot in direct sun. So I've been hunting down some different viewfinders for the NEX. But I can't seem to find a good one. Some use a magnetic frame that attaches to the tripod, but people have stated that the magnetic strips damage the autofocus of the camera (then again, I don't use AF so...). Then there's the viewfinder that attaches directly to the screen of the NEX but that's kind of risky

Can anyone give me a good viewfinder option for the NEX.

The FDA-EV1s is too expensive right now and I use the external port to trigger my Canon 430exII that's attached via a bracket. haha.

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    As an F3 owner myself (without an EVF), IMHO while expensive, the FDA-EV1 is your best option...or perhaps sell your F3 & get a NEX-6?

3. Synomis192

May 26, 2013
    Maybe, I'll the the FDA-EV1 soon. But For now, I've been considering some options other than the most expensive option.

4. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    I am using the FDA-EV1. but I rarely use it these days.... IT looks nice but I feel more free with the tilted screen
    Alex

5. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    If I didn't buy the FDA-EV1 Im pretty sure that I would of got rid of my f3 in favour of a nex 6 by now, by adding the viewfinder you will find the f3 suddenly becomes a lot better then it has any rights to be.

6. Synomis192

May 26, 2013
    Maybe I'll get it as a long term investment item :D

7. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi,
    have you also found it easier to focus with the view finder compare to the normal high peaking function?

Regards
    Alex

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.