1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Viewfinder options?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Synomis192, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Synomis192

Synomis192 TalkEmount Regular

May 26, 2013
    I after using my NEX F3 for quite a while. I realize that not having a dedicated viewfinder sucks a lot in direct sun. So I've been hunting down some different viewfinders for the NEX. But I can't seem to find a good one. Some use a magnetic frame that attaches to the tripod, but people have stated that the magnetic strips damage the autofocus of the camera (then again, I don't use AF so...). Then there's the viewfinder that attaches directly to the screen of the NEX but that's kind of risky

Can anyone give me a good viewfinder option for the NEX.

The FDA-EV1s is too expensive right now and I use the external port to trigger my Canon 430exII that's attached via a bracket. haha.

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    As an F3 owner myself (without an EVF), IMHO while expensive, the FDA-EV1 is your best option...or perhaps sell your F3 & get a NEX-6?

3. Synomis192

May 26, 2013
    Maybe, I'll the the FDA-EV1 soon. But For now, I've been considering some options other than the most expensive option.

4. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    I am using the FDA-EV1. but I rarely use it these days.... IT looks nice but I feel more free with the tilted screen
    Alex

5. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    If I didn't buy the FDA-EV1 Im pretty sure that I would of got rid of my f3 in favour of a nex 6 by now, by adding the viewfinder you will find the f3 suddenly becomes a lot better then it has any rights to be.

6. Synomis192

May 26, 2013
    Maybe I'll get it as a long term investment item :D

7. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi,
    have you also found it easier to focus with the view finder compare to the normal high peaking function?

Regards
    Alex