Viewfinder brightness with adapted lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by dbs, Oct 24, 2015.

1. dbs

dbs New to TalkEmount

Oct 23, 2015
    Dave Martin
    Hello to all,
    My name is Dave Martin. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm about to purchase a new A6000 and plan to use older manual focus lenses with it and would like to know if the finder brightness remains constant or does it dim when the aperture is stopped down with adapted lenses making it hard to focus. I'm looking forward to this camera and the knowledge to be gained on this site. Thanks in advance. Dave

2. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    There is an option to have live view turned off, just like if an external flash is in use. It will "brighten" the view for focusing.

3. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Yes, it will be a Live View, so it will change as you change the aperture, if ISO and shutter are constant. This will of course be dependent on the MODE you are shooting under. If Program mode(s), the view won't darken. If Aperture Priority, shutter speed and AUTO ISO will try to keep exposure constant.

4. dbs

dbs New to TalkEmount

Oct 23, 2015
    Dave Martin
    Thanks to all who responded. I hoped it would work much the same as the X-Pro1 I'm using now and it appears it will. Now to sell the Fuji and find a few lenses to go with the A6000. Thanks again. Dave

5. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    If you stop at a "few," you'll be the first, Dave. :laugh:

Welcome to the forum!

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    N├Žstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    It can be done. Ive had mine for almost a year and so far only added the samyang 12mm so Im confident it will be no problem, well I only need.............Arh who am I trying to fool? :D

• Funny Funny x 3