Video button fix?

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Dave, I'm sitting here looking at my A7's and see where the video buttons are. I'm not sure where they are on your model camera. I do remember accidentally hitting the one on my now gone Nex-7 and thinking it could be a little more out of the way.
Maybe a picture of it would elicit more suggestions....

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dave, I'm sitting here looking at my A7's and see where the video buttons are. I'm not sure where they are on your model camera. I do remember accidentally hitting the one on my now gone Nex-7 and thinking it could be a little more out of the way.
Maybe a picture of it would elicit more suggestions....
Not sure where it is on the A7 line but in the APS-C line it had moved around a bit from the NEX days.

It is so tiny and hard to press.

I found this one and think it should work

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222382422004

SmartSelect_20200417-133301_eBay.jpg
Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Ah, I see what you're showing in your picture. Looks like it's covering the 'red dot' button that is in a similar position as this on the A7ii.
I think it's hard to push so that it isn't accidentally pushed.

Tipton

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Rae Leggett
I remapped the video button on my a6500 to the C1 button, so I don't have to do thumb yoga.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
On the A7Riii you can set it so it never starts video unless it is in Movie mode, and you can assign it to a custom button (which honor the Movie mode requirement).

It used to be a common complaint that the video button was too easy to press. Times they are a-changin'.

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Regular
On the a6*** it is hard to press except when you didn't mean to. Accidental pressing on a6500 can be prevented by setting MOVIE Button to "Movie Mode only." Then it does nothing (except display an error message) unless the mode dial is at Video.

I almost never take video. But if I'm likely to, I'll temporarily remap C1 or C2. The red-dot button is fairly useless, at least to my clumsy fingers. I can't even start/stop hand-held video without shaking the camera around.

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just got this in today and it does exactly as advertised

Success

Latest posts

Top Bottom