• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

veterans memorial

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
From the same series as the last sunset pic I posted. I have a series of pics of this over the course of several years on my blog. These are from the 5N/CV15 @ f/8.

vet_memorial120809_01.jpg
NEX-5N    CV15    15mm    f/8.0    1/15s    ISO 100

vet_memorial120809_06.jpg
NEX-5N    ----       f/1.0    1/60s    ISO 100

vet_memorial120809_07.jpg
NEX-5N    ----       f/1.0    1/30s    ISO 100

vet_memorial120809_08.jpg
NEX-5N    ----       f/1.0    1/320s    ISO 100

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Thanks for sharing Bimjo. Looks like you've got your Cornerfix settings well and truly sussed...not a hint of fringing on those whatsoever... and very sharp too.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Thanks for sharing Bimjo. Looks like you've got your Cornerfix settings well and truly sussed...not a hint of fringing on those whatsoever... and very sharp too.

Thanks D, I'm pretty happy with it. It is sharp, and zone focus is so cool. I'd forgotten what it was like. :)

I even found a exif editor for the Mac (ExifChanger) that is a front end for ExifTool. Works a trick. Now my workflow is ExifChanger/convert to DNG (come on Sony, put DNG support in the camera already!)/CornerFix/ACR.

Seems like a lot of steps, but the first three can be batched, so it isn't as bad as it looks.

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
A very special place. You took the photos at the right time of day. How wide a lens do you have, as I wondered what some wider, closer shots would look like? Do you have any photos of anyone reflecting upon, kneeling or standing at the memorial, for that is the true purpose of these memorials?

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
A very special place. You took the photos at the right time of day. How wide a lens do you have, as I wondered what some wider, closer shots would look like? Do you have any photos of anyone reflecting upon, kneeling or standing at the memorial, for that is the true purpose of these memorials?

Thanks. There's some shots on the blog that I took with the Pentax K20/Sigma 10-20 @ 10mm. The CV 15 is as wide as I can go (except fisheye) since I sold off most of the Pentax mount lens inventory to fund the 5N.

No people shots, well, there's two young ladies sitting on a bench in one of the wide shots, but that's it. Timing or whatever, there's never anybody there when I am.

Latest threads

Top Bottom