• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Very happy with Nex 5n

blb

TalkEmount Rookie
I have had 2 dslr's, an older Pentax and now a T2i, but have never gotten over the self-consciousness or hassle of hauling those around. Over the
past year, I've tried and returned the Gf1, Gf2, G1, Epl1, and Epl2. And to the frustration of many on the CC and m43 sites, I've asked more than
my fair share of "What camera should I get" questions. Finally, I resisted what I read as a general bias against the Nex system (ugly,crappy lens,
etc.) and ordered-up the 5n. I could not be happier. I happen to love it's form factor as rather than copying my grandpa's camera, it's revisioning
a camera can be (and isn't that the point of photography?). I love that it feels like a real tool - it has a bit of heft, the metal lens, it just feels right
to me. But, in the end, it comes down to the images and this is where the camera shines. I'll let others talk about the sensor and the lens and such, I'll just say that whatever the variables are, the images I'm able to capture or create with this camera are much closer the the images I have
constructed in my mind before releasing the shutter than with any other camera I've tried. I'll keep the dslr for my kids' sports and such, but the
5n is my camera.

Ross

TalkEmount Regular
Congrats. Any annoying clicking sound in video mode?

Latest threads

Top Bottom