Venice trip ahead, two body set-up ?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by nianys, Dec 12, 2012.

1. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    My husband is treating me to a Venice 3day week end this coming late March. Needless to say I'm thrilled ! I haven't been there since I was a child, and am anxious to visit the place inside out and particularly the church where I got christianized at 4 !
    I'm definitely planning on bringing the NEX 6, but am considering a second body as well to carry a prime along with the 18-55.
    I'm looking at a C3 with 16/2.8, and bring my K55/1.8 as well. The 6 would have the zoom mounted handed to my husband in A mode with auto ISO and WB, and I'd shoot the C3 with a prime in manual mode. What do you think ? Anybody selling such a kit ? Any advice or opinion ?

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    I'd try and find a used body unless you plan to keep and use the second body full time. Since you almost never use AF lenses that would make more sense than buying a new body.

A second body is a good idea. The 16 is ok if you get a good one. And I'd think hard about the wide angle adapter for interiors. The K55 is a given. Unless you plan to use it a lot I'd get the least expensive body you can.

3. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    I was of course considering a used body ! I found a C3+16/2.8 for 285 shipped, still with warranty.

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Probably not going to beat that price. Pick that up and a wide angle converter for the16 & you should be good to go. :)

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Have fun. Enjoy the trip. Love the images that I see, will be there some day.

Not sure I would tackle the two camera action. I have a hard enough time with one.

6. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    this day I had a walk with my brother all over NYC so I carry with me the nex7 and nex5r, but in the end of the day had used more the nex5r with the kit while the 7 with 16mm wide angle and industar 69 28 mm, although there was not a lot of shooting this day, I enjoy the visit from my brother and the tour on the city, hooo a moment a call from my wife ...... humm ...good news has come my m42 adapter Yehaa
    although the nex5r did a great job at night with ISO1600/3200 better than nex7, you should have 2 nex :)

7. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Just gave up (with a twitching heart) on the C3+16 deal (though it was pretty awesome).
    I think the 6 with 18-55 and a small bag with two primes will be capable of handling just about anything. I don't suppose there's a WA converter to fit the 18-55 ?

8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Not from Sony. And I wouldn't bother with anything else available as a WA converter.

9. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
  10. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    That's a shame about the second body/6 combo. Did you come to a similar conclusion about the a37? The trip sounds awesome regardless! :)

11. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    I just feel I have to stop throwing money out of windows. It's not like it grows on trees, lol. Seriously, we should be doing ok with just one camera and some spare lenses. And if I really do want two bodies, used C3 will be just as cheap in 4 months....

12. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Ha ha, I keep having that same chat with myself!