Vending Machine Lenses (Kipon Iberit 75mm)

firemist

TalkEmount Veteran
One lens tester a while back called the recent surge in really cheap Chinese MF lenses for Sony FE (and Leica M, etc) "vending machine lenses" ~ you never quite know what you get. Well, the Kipon (formerly Handevision) Iberit lenses are now "selling" at steep discounts (my Iberit 75 was $299) and is supposed to be the best of the Iberits (24-35-50-75 and 90). So I thought, it's a lot smaller and lighter than my Voigtlander 110 and I can use it in bad weather (it's a "disposable" lens in that sense), so here goes. Not too shabby. I set WB using Expodisc and a Datacolor calibration for my body. Infinity focus seems OK, so I think it's a keeper. I used the LR lens correction for a Leica Summarit 75/f2.4 because these Iberits are supposed to be blatant copies of the Summarits.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
No EXIF data (of course); but shots are at f4 and f8.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Really sharp images... The 75mm is a pretty nice focal length for an APSC mirrorless camera. Too bad it is not an f/1.4! But I have heard that the bokeh of this lens is really nice wide open... I am not in the market for a lens of this focal range. I have a Sony 85mm f/1.8 as well as a Fujian 75mm f/1.4 CCTV lens modified for the Sony e-mount (unique lens with no diaphragm - shoot it wide open only).
However, I'd still like to see portrait images done with this lens on a Sony APSC camera...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom