Vello or metabones adapter

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by soeren, Feb 9, 2015.

1. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    Næstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    Im looking for an adapter with tripod mount for use with long lenses (e.g. 180 possible with TC201)
    I found that vello and metabones make such but which one is the sturdier/better one?
    Vello is all metal, Metabones is not but built with more thickness around mount.
    Best regards

2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    And as another consideration, I use CIECIO7 Tripod Adapters…excellent build quality & strength.
    Not the cheapest adapters but we get what we pay for.
    Tried the low cost Fotodiox tripod adapters but found too many posts about the tripod foot snapping off…upgraded to the recommended CIECIO7 and couldn’t be more pleased after using them 1.5 years…some photos and a link.

http://en.foto-akcesoria.com.pl/index.php/shop/product?idproduct=278&productname=canon-fd-fl-nex

3. soeren

Dec 12, 2014
    Næstved, Denmark
    Soeren
  4. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Oh, I have no idea how extensive their product line is, was just offering some additional information in case it might have been any help.
    Guess you could send them an Email...they might have what you want but not have it listed yet, or have it scheduled for production, etc.

5. soeren

Dec 12, 2014
    Næstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    It was helpfull and since FD teles seem a better choice than nikor ditto Ill get one of those when time comes. Ill email re the nikon f option.
    Best regards