Vanguard Alto Pro 263AT tripod and Vanguard SBH-100 good for Canon FD 300mm F2.8?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by shaolin95, Sep 15, 2015.

1. GabrielPhoto

GabrielPhoto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Hello!
    So I dont use a tripod that often to be honest, some times when going hiking with my wife I will take it to take at least one pic of us together and for moon shots but I think my current combination needs to be upgraded as either the head the both are not up to par.
    In any case, for $200 or less ...what do you think of this Vanguard combo? The heaviest lens it will use will be the FD 300mm 2.8 with a couple of extenders.
    I was looking at one that was able to become a monopod too but didnt look that strong.

My current one is a Manfrotto 3001N with a Sunpak 620 Pistol Grip (I am sure this one is the super weak link). So let me know if I need to upgrade both or just the head please.
    I wouldnt mind a lighter easier to handle tripod or at least one that is smaller when packed.
    Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.