1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Using video settings for jpegs? (a7 series)

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by bartjeej, Apr 19, 2015.

1. bartjeej

bartjeej TalkEmount Rookie

Oct 8, 2014
    I've been considering getting one of the a7 series cameras once my budget allows it. One thing that bothers me is that I don't like Sony's jpeg colours as much as Fuji's, and I prefer to shoot jpeg and have raw only as a backup in case of very difficult lighting. Ofcourse you can do a fair amount of editing to jpegs as well, but still I'd like to have the colour just right straight from the camera (especially as there's also no onboard raw converter).

I noticed that the video profile settings are more extensive than the jpeg settings; for instance, using the Live View Grading playmemories app, you can adjust not only white balance and tint, but also colour depth for Red, Green and Blue (in effect giving some very basic HSV control, at least for the S part :p ). And apparently on the a7S at least (and perhaps the others too?), you can adjust the gamma curve, black level, colour phase, colour depth...

All of which leads me to the question, can you apply these video settings to your jpegs too?

2. bartjeej

bartjeej TalkEmount Rookie

Oct 8, 2014
    Somebody? Anybody? Nobody?:hide:

3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Sorry bartjeej, I wish I could help. But I don't shoot video nor jpegs.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1