Using 2 Nissin i40?

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by RAWFA, Dec 18, 2014.

1. RAWFA

RAWFA TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    Hi guys,

I'm new to flash photography and I'm just starting to explore it's creative possibilities. I just got 2 Nissin I40 units and I was wondering how to have one flash on camera triggering the other flash (I would like to be able to use it in TTL and manual). Will I need a wireless remote trigger or something?

This was taken from their website (

"Slave Mode
    i40 has a wireless remote flash system as a slave unit.
You can enjoy creative flash photography with multiple lightings from the various directions. There are 3 slave modes provided.

Slave Digital (SD): i40 synchronizes to the pre-flash system. The master flash is to be set at TTL mode.
    Slave Film (SF): i40 synchronizes to the traditional single flash system. The master flash is to be set at manual mode.
    Wireless TTL
    i40 synchronizes to the wireless remote flash system. (*3) (*4)"
  2. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Hi Rawfa,
    I am in the same boat and was hoping that someone would chime in here as I am considering either the Nissin i40 or the Phottix Mitros+ units.
  3. MizOre

MizOre TalkEmount Regular

Jan 18, 2014
    Basically, the i40 Nissin doesn't serve as a TTL master for flashes, but will do remote non-TTL manual triggering and the flash on the camera will also trigger the i40 flashes. The Sony 43 model (?) seems to offer the most as a TTL master/commander for remote TTL slaves.