1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

USE PEAK DESIGN? Read this.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by TedG954, Jun 7, 2018.

1. TedG954

TedG954 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2014
    South Florida and NE Ohio
    Ted Gersdorf
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Feb 17, 2015
    After taking the survey, it appears you only get an update kit if you are using one of their straps.
    At least we've been warned the anchors may fail, even if the straps don't.

3. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Thanks, Ted! I've not had any problems, but will definitely have to check which version of anchors I have.

I do find it positive that Peak Design is standing behind their product and offering free replacements. No doubt this will cost them a few pennies.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TedG954

TedG954 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2014
    South Florida and NE Ohio
    Ted Gersdorf

I agree. I did, in fact, have the need-to-replace style and my replacements will be arriving soon. I haven't experienced any problems and I also am impressed with Peak's stand up response.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Thanks for the heads-up Ted. I'm not affected because I still have V2 anchors; in fact, I complained with them about the V2 cords being too thick to use comfortably with the A7R2's eyelets :) .

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I'm confused...

I use their straps which I bought in 2015. I also bought the new design (at the time - AL-2) anchors in 2017 together with their lens charger kit.
    I took the survey but on the question: "Do you own a Peak Design strap (any model, from any retailer) that was purchased on or after August 15, 2017?", I chose NO since I bought them in 2015.
    What now? I don't get free anchors?

7. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    It is only v3 anchors that are a potential problem, and apparently these were made on/after August 15th, 2017. So if you bought yours before that (i.e. they are v2), you should not need replacements.

I looked up my order last summer and bought mine just before they went to v3, so I must have v2. Seems right from the pictures they show on the page.

If you have standalone v3 anchors, it may not hurt to contact them and see what they say. My guess is they would probably replace them if they are in fact v3.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  8. runnerpsu

runnerpsu TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2016
    South Florida
    In February, I purchased a Peak cuff wrist strap for my A 7 II. If I'm correct, the cuff wrist strap came with the V 3 anchor. I completed the survey and received the following:

We're just confirming that we have received your Anchor Update Survey response and your replacement Anchor shipment will process soon*. Expect 3-5 business days for U.S. shipping, and 1-2 weeks for international shipping depending on your location.

If you have further questions, check out the Anchor Update FAQ in our Support Center: 2018 Anchor Update

Thank you for your patience and support. When you buy PD products, you deserve total confidence in the security of your gear, and total transparency from us. We’ve created this update program to ensure that’s the case. If you ever have questions or concerns, drop us a line at info@peakdesign.com.

— The PD Team

*We'll only send updated Anchors if you told us in the survey that you own 1 or more V1/V3 Anchors.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jimmoore

jimmoore TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2013
    Ledbury UK
    Jim
    Hi Ad have you tried the v1 anchors as I find that they fit my A6500 OK.

10. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    No, I never did. I managed to get the V2 anchors mounted so I'll only have a problem when I buy another camera – which is not in the works for now. I also understand that the V1 anchors would be due for a replacement as well. For my next camera I'll try again with the anchors that are current by then, undoubtedly uttering some profanities in the process :) .

11. jimmoore

Aug 8, 2013
    Ledbury UK
    Jim
    thanks for that info, I thought it was only the thin v3 anchors. I have now arranged for my v1 to be replaced. Thank again I owe you a beer if you find yourself around Ledbury, Jim

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  12. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    UPDATE: So when I first took the survey, or tried to, it didn't say anything about stand alone anchors, the first question asked if you owned a strap. I answered no and was 'kicked out' as survey completed.
    I sent a note to them stating that I'd received anchors as a Christmas gift as I'd put them on my list. They replied that I should just complete the survey and submit it. I guess they modified the survey as now it says something about stand alone anchors.
    My replacements should be shipping in the next couple of days.

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Thanks for that! I'm in the same boat cause I also bought standalone anchors which I think they are V3...

14. runnerpsu

runnerpsu TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2016
    South Florida
    I received a small envelope from Peak Design today. It contained four new anchors! Great customer service!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. jimmoore

Aug 8, 2013
    Ledbury UK
    Jim
    Excellent customer service for me as well,

Upgrade confirmed on the 8th delivered on the 15th as I am in the UK I think that is PDG.

Also I asked for 6 and received 8.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Andy Clement

Andy Clement TalkEmount Regular Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Mine says shipped but it's still in San Francisco for now. I guess I should get mine sometime next week.

17. Jon Li

Jon Li New to TalkEmount

Mar 23, 2018
    Got mine , not going to use the supplied clips but instead use splitrings from my fishing tackles box , work good .

18. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    Happy to report my replacements finally got here today.
    How long has it been?

19. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    Interestingly, I just picked up a set of Anchor Links yesterday at Best Buy. They were the V3, so I had to fill out the form to get replacements. I still have the triangle rings on my A7Riii, so will be okay until the replacements get here.

20. Andy Clement

Andy Clement TalkEmount Regular Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2018
    This is what I've done with the extra v3 anchors. Attaching the opposite end clip allows me to wear my neck strap like a sling. Doing this allows me to basically secure my camera strap on my person when I don't need it. No need to put it in my pocket or bag and if you have a light enough setup it does work as a sling in a pinch.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.