• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Urgent ,Please advice

raay

TalkEmount Regular
Today I saw some fluid coming out near the battery compartment in my NEX-3 , the battery inside is Original sony Battery which i got while purchase of the camera ,i quickly removed the battery but not sure if it had melted or not ,i also didnt find any residue in the battery compartment and i have tested the camera with another third party battery,the camera is working fine ,so at this moment iam dumbstuck,but ican say the fluid had some acidic property as it left quite a stain on the wooden table where my camera was!!! Is there anything else in the camera that can melt ???? please advice:frown:

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Sounds like the battery went bad, but I would keep a close eye on things until you are sure.

raay

TalkEmount Regular
Is there anything else in the camera body which can leak out ??? The leaked fluid is acid that i am sure of ,its a little gel like,left a stain in wood!!!! for precaution i have kept the battery out side for observaton,lets see if if it leaks again or not!!!other than the battery i dont blv anything else is there to leak out,the camera was kept in a cupborad ,the tempature was not hot either!! Iam totally Dumbfounded !!!!:frown:

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
There is a small battery that keeps your settings when you change main batteries that might leak, though I've never heard of one doing so. Nothing else in the camera would have acid in it.

I don't know how long you've had the 3, but if you bought it when they first came out then the main battery starting to leak after 3+ years isn't unheard of.

raay

TalkEmount Regular
There is a small battery that keeps your settings when you change main batteries that might leak, though I've never heard of one doing so. Nothing else in the camera would have acid in it.

I don't know how long you've had the 3, but if you bought it when they first came out then the main battery starting to leak after 3+ years isn't unheard of.

I got this camera Used ,but this camera was purchased in 2011 around February ,it still has warranty until February 2014!!! I kept the suspect batery in upright position last night ,but i didnt find any leakage this morning!!!

raay

TalkEmount Regular

Can you tell me where is the small battery located??

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Can you tell me where is the small battery located??

I have no idea, it isn't user serviceable as far as I know. If there is still warranty left you might want to send it in for a service check. I'm pretty sure the main battery isn't covered, but at least you'll know if there's anything wrong with the camera itself.

raay

TalkEmount Regular
I have no idea, it isn't user serviceable as far as I know. If there is still warranty left you might want to send it in for a service check. I'm pretty sure the main battery isn't covered, but at least you'll know if there's anything wrong with the camera itself.
yeah it looks like it !!! the sensor needs a bit cleaning too,i just waiting for the monsoon to get over ,but i guess it cant wait!!!!:(

Vitaly

TalkEmount Rookie
Real Name
Vitaly
Today I saw some fluid coming out near the battery compartment in my NEX-3 , the battery inside is Original sony Battery which i got while purchase of the camera ,i quickly removed the battery but not sure if it had melted or not ,i also didnt find any residue in the battery compartment and i have tested the camera with another third party battery,the camera is working fine ,so at this moment iam dumbstuck,but ican say the fluid had some acidic property as it left quite a stain on the wooden table where my camera was!!! Is there anything else in the camera that can melt ???? please advice:frown:

Miracles do not happen.Do you have a dog or cat?

Rich

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Its got to be battery if there is any acidity present. I did have something similar happen with the rechargeable battery pack in a Metz 45 flash gun a long time ago.

Latest threads

Top Bottom