• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Unique Take On Dual Card Slots

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I just realized that a dual card slot can be quite helpful to a forgetful guy like me. I normally only use Slot One on my A7iii. Therefore, Slot Two always has a fresh card ready which I almost never remove since I don't normally write any images to it.
However, I grabbed the camera yesterday and forgot that I had removed the card from slot one and never replaced it. No problem; I was saved by the fresh card in slot two.
Another way that I work around my absent mindedness is to keep at least one SD card in the glove box of my car.
Obviously, the better solution would be if I was not so forgetful but, I might be forgiven since I will turn 80 in June...

SpecFoto

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jim
For me, I always shot raw to 1 card and jpeg to the other, as cards can fail and this way I have an instant backup. Raw is what I use for PS and LR. The jpeg is for quickly on location giving photos to clients, wife, friends if needed. That is why all my cameras since 2010 have had 2 card slots.

cheeks69

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Robert
I always forget the SD card so I have one in each car and even one in my camera bag which I always forget I have and always run to the car to get the spare :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
I usually keep one in the camera and seldom remove it. I transfer from camera to desktop through a USB cable, then format the card in-camera. I never need to swap due to a card filling up (which would be ~2500 images).

Clix Pix

TalkEmount Regular
8 miles from the Tysons (Virginia) Apple Store
I have to admit that I've now had my A7R IV for over a month now and I still haven't gotten around to sticking an SD card into that second memory slot "just in case..." One of these days I'm going to grab the main memory card from slot 1 and do my transferring-to-computer via card reader and subsequent editing thing and forget to actually put the darned memory card back into the camera! A card in the second slot would sure save me from that kind of potential disaster.....

Top Bottom