1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Understanding bracketing in nex cameras

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by alaios, Sep 2, 2014.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi all,
    I have noticed that when I do automatic hdr shots I have the options on how many shots I want the camera to take.. ranging from 3 to 6.
    When I want to try the same manually I can only find the bracketing shooting mode that would take only three shots with 0.3ev or 0.7ev.
    Why there is no option for more number of shots?
    When should I select 0.3 or 0.7?
    After the raw files are taken what is the easier way to do the hdr processing in photoshop?

I would like to thank you in advance for your reply

Regards
    A

2. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    so no one does bracketing here?

3. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    3 shots is usually enough whether you want to do hdr or digital blending.
    The other way is to manually do your bracketing, e.g take as many shots you want adjusting the exposition.
    Now, with built-in bracketing on Nex (still have a 5N) as far as I remember you are limited to 3 shots and I would recommend chosing the maximum EV difference. Check if more than 0.7 is available (might not be enough), if not you should maybe update your firmware. You normally should not be limited to 0.7. With the last firmware for 5N I am able to go up to 3EV. 2 EV is a good number.
    Having said that, you can then do HDR processing in PS but IMHO Photomatix or even Nik Software are far better. Otherwise digital blending in PS is a good option for more subtle and natural results.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de TalkEmount

• Like Like x 2