Unboxing Gariz Half Case for Nex-6

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Derichuk, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Derichuk

Derichuk TalkEmount Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  2. Orange

Orange TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 4, 2013
    It's not Orange!
    Lovely case really like the metal base plate on these :)
  3. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    looks good , that's me decided,black leather brown stitching, thanks for being the guinea pig ;)
  4. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Wow, even the package looks exclusive...
    really a shame that you can't get these in a shop anywhere in Germany...
  5. kaptnkain

kaptnkain TalkEmount Regular

Feb 4, 2013
    Looks great! :D

It's on my list for the ergonomics factor - coming from a gripped DLSR the NEX seems a tad hard to hold in my hand. Looks like the case adds a little length to it.
  6. Yohan

Yohan TalkEmount Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    classy indeed!
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    You can buy them through eBay, or alternatively you can contact GARIZ directly through their website and they will ship to you, I did so when I bought a similar case for my NEX-7 in the past, you also tend to save a little bit as you are dealing with them directly.
  8. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    I bought from Gariz direct too. Hasn't been off my NEX-7 since. Great case.
  9. Aslondon

Aslondon TalkEmount Rookie

Jun 12, 2012
    Florida Panhandle
    looks very neat - seems to match the quality of the camera.
  10. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
  11. ubodepaode

ubodepaode TalkEmount Rookie

Feb 5, 2013
    It's a nice case, and packagng is good/cool. Case does help with the grip but it's not all that glorious. I dropped my camera few days after getting it, and luckily case protected it completely, but the metal you see at the bottom of the case is really just a very thin sheet glued on. The base of the case is made of something else...I don't know if it's fiberglass or some other composite, or maybe even heavy duty plastic.

The other issue I have with it is they have moved the tripod mount - it is now closer to the battery door. I like to keep my tripod quick realease shoe attached on the camera, and if I do this with the case on, I cannot open the battery/SD car completely in order to swap either. The tripod adapter needs to be removed. Small issue I guess, and it may not impact everyone out there, but something I noticed.

Here's mine...

NEX 6, the tool by petar.antonic, on Flickr

Attached Files:

12. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Thanks for sharing. I also wanted to buy such one. How much did you get it cause in Europe I found it close to 80 euros, which I think is a lot. Are there any more alternatives though?
  13. CMJT

CMJT TalkEmount Rookie

Mar 2, 2013
    I put one on my 5R. Black with red stitching. Really nice!
  14. radimere

radimere TalkEmount Regular

Apr 2, 2013
    The bottom on the NEX-7 case, underneath the metal sheet, is made up of leather sheets glued on top of each other (i.e., laminated).

They have revised the grip design on the NEX-6 model to include a cutout for the IR sensor. The cut on the NEX-7 model is lower, and eventually gauged a tiny abrasion on the rubber grip on my camera.