Unable to upload photos to flickr from LR now.

Kiwi Paul

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
I'm using the latest version of LR on both my laptop and PC, when I try to upload photos to flickr today I get a message saying the file type is not recognised.

"Can't update this collection.

Flickr API returned an error message (function upload, message filetype was not recognised)"

I'm sure I've uploaded to flickr since upgrading to the lastest version.

Anyone else getting this or got any ideas?

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
I'm using the latest version of LR on both my laptop and PC, when I try to upload photos to flickr today I get a message saying the file type is not recognised.

"Can't update this collection.

Flickr API returned an error message (function upload, message filetype was not recognised)"

I'm sure I've uploaded to flickr since upgrading to the lastest version.

Anyone else getting this or got any ideas?

I don't upload to flickr with your method, directly through Lightroom. But if your new version of Lightroom worked before and now doesn't, it is likely a flickr issue. I noticed I couldn't upload a replacement image through their website in the last 24 hours. Also the TAGS menu is suddenly missing. They probably made another notorious software update that broke features. I'm assuming you're uploading a JPEG, and not some PSD file, or DNG.

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
I noticed some problems with it yesterday, too. I've not tried today, so I am not sure if they have fixed things yet.

runnerpsu

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I just exported a photo from my LR6 to a file on my Mac then uploaded it to my Flickr account. I did not try yesterday so if there was an issue, from my end, it has been corrected.

How many of you use Flickr or some other hosting site to upload to this site? I've tried the first two suggestions here How to Post Images in Forum Threads but I've not been successful. Therefore, I rely on Flickr.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
I just exported a photo from my LR6 to a file on my Mac then uploaded it to my Flickr account. I did not try yesterday so if there was an issue, from my end, it has been corrected.

How many of you use Flickr or some other hosting site to upload to this site? I've tried the first two suggestions here How to Post Images in Forum Threads but I've not been successful. Therefore, I rely on Flickr.
I prefer to post here with the BBCode provided by flickr. Since the forum will keep its link back to the source in the post. So, I haven't used methods 1 and 2 much. But has worked in the past when I did try it.

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
I was experimenting with a link from Flickr yesterday, in fact. I like my pictures to display at 1600px but I couldn't persuade it to work that way yesterday, even though Flickr has my full-res photo. It may well be my ignorance, or that I have a free account. So I did what I usually do, which is upload directly to the site. This always works for me. What happens if you try? Do you get error messages?

runnerpsu

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I prefer to post here with the BBCode provided by flickr. Since the forum will keep its link back to the source in the post. So, I haven't used methods 1 and 2 much. But has worked in the past when I did try it.
Thanks! Like you, I use the BBCode from Flickr. Next upload, I'll try the other methods.

runnerpsu

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I was experimenting with a link from Flickr yesterday, in fact. I like my pictures to display at 1600px but I couldn't persuade it to work that way yesterday, even though Flickr has my full-res photo. It may well be my ignorance, or that I have a free account. So I did what I usually do, which is upload directly to the site. This always works for me. What happens if you try? Do you get error messages?
I don't remember receiving an error message but there must be one. I'll try an upload in a few and let you know.

runnerpsu

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I just tried to upload the photo that I uploaded to Flickr. It is a 144 MB tiff and I received an error informing me it was too large. I'll try to reduce the size and try again

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
The free flickr account provides full-sized access if you so desire to share them, or limit downloads. You can set up to a max size of 2048 pixels. If you are trying to increase the image resolution posted here, you can't, as the forum software converts a downsized copy to keep on its server to display on the forum.

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
The free flickr account provides full-sized access if you so desire to share them, or limit downloads. You can set up to a max size of 2048 pixels. If you are trying to increase the image resolution posted here, you can't, as the forum software converts a downsized copy to keep on its server to display on the forum.
Right, as I understand it the forum limit is 1600px. What I couldn't do is get it to display at 1600px here from a larger image on Flickr. I did set Flickr to use 2048px as my largest image size. My guess is that the pieces just aren't there from one side or the other to make it work the way I'd like. Not a huge deal though.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom