• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

[UK] Nex F3 price drop - F3 + 18 -55 for £269 (after cashback) + limited 5 year warranty.

Bugleone

TalkEmount Veteran
I don't think you have interpreted that quite right,.......it looks to me to be £319 AFTER cashback, although the first page mentions £339 after cashback,...not clear, and probably NOT meant to be clear......

Outrageous pricing on this stuff;...the NEX 6 body is a massive £700, fro only another £100 you can have the real thing in the shape of the 7, although that is STILL and outrageous price for an 'old' camera in a recession......

applemint

TalkEmount Veteran
Yes the other text is confusing (I guess they forgot to remove it after they dropped the price?) but the cashback comes from Sony and not from the retailer. When you add it to basket and go to checkout it says £319, so that is what you pay (+ delivery charge) and you then claim the £50 cashback from Sony making it £269.

On the Nex 7 for example, the text is correct (and therefore makes sense) - the price is £869 and the text says "£100 CASHBACK AVAILABLE. PRICE AFTER CASHBACK IS £769. VALID FROM 17TH OCTOBER TO 16TH JANUARY 2013".

Sony Nex-7 + 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens, NEX7KB - UK Digital

Whereas Jessops for example, list their price as "£299.00 including £50 cashback from Sony. You pay £349.00 today": Sony NEX-F3 Compact System Camera in Black + 18-55mm Lens - Jessops - Compact System Cameras When you add it to your basket at Jessops the price is £349 and you then claim the £50 cashback from Sony making it £299.

P.S. Speaking of overpriced Nex 7's you can buy a Nex 7 from Jessops used and ex-demo section for a 'bargain' £826: ;)
Sony NEX-7 Compact System Camera Body Only - Ex-Demo and Used Stock - Jessops - Clearance Item (whereas you could buy a brand new one with a kit lens for £869 and get £100 cashback, making it £769).

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
I'm always amazed by the price fluctuations in the UK for any camera/lens but you can always bet it will be cheaper in the U.S! I've been looking at second hand current lenses on various well known web sites and they are rarely less than abut £10-20 cheaper than a brand new one. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Latest threads

Top Bottom