Two Colombian Plants

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Pitter, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Pitter

Pitter TalkEmount Veteran

This is Kohleria digitaliflora warscewiczii It's native to Colombia. I used the "Intelligent Auto!" setting on my q6000. The photo is cropped and with a little sharpening but I'm finding the camera lens combo so sharp that the latter hardly seems necessary. This is going to be my carry around scenery and flower photo camera. It looks like I may be able to replace my bulky and heavy Canon 50D w/flash and macro lens for flower and plant close ups. What a treat to have a single light weight combo that I can use for landscapes and macro (with cropping of course). The only thing I will miss is the adjustability of the Canon flash output. I've tried using the lowest output setting on the Sony but it badly over flashes very close objects.

Here's another native plant, a tree fern called Cyathea caracasana. Not very interesting as a photo but shows the plant. They grow like weeds on my property. Very decorative but the dead and dried fronds tend to smother what they fall on (probably the plant's strategy).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  2. LoFi

LoFi TalkEmount Regular

Nov 16, 2013
    tricksy palm! good tactic,tho hehe
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    • Like Like x 1
  4. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    • Like Like x 2
  5. christian

christian TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    Hey, my wife is Colombian! Where do you live?
  6. Pitter

Pitter TalkEmount Veteran

Christian I live near the city of Cali.
  7. christian

christian TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
  8. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    Nice shots...I particularly like the first one of the flowers...great color & detail
    • Like Like x 1