• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Tree on the prairie

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
I took this about a month ago. It is probably all greened up now but I have not been back in that area recently.

ILCE-7RM3    Voigtländer 65mm F/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar asph. (Sony E)    65mm    f/5.6    1/2000s    ISO 100

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bet this would make an excellent B&W composition.
I did try b&w also. I could not decide which was the better photo. The b&w is perhaps more ... "artsy"? My wife liked the color one better, it held more visual interest for her I think. Here is the b&w version - I toggled b&w in Capture One and made a slight adjustment to the cyan filter for the sky, it is otherwise the same image.

ILCE-7RM3    Voigtländer 65mm F/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar asph. (Sony E)    65mm    f/5.6    1/2000s    ISO 100

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
I took some artistic liberty...here's how I saw it...3 versions...

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, I did experiment with darker looks as well actually. One reason I went with the color image is I did not want a forboding look. While it can work, it was not what I meant to portray when I took the picture. But I appreciate the feedback.

Appears to be a toss-up so far with likes. :)

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Yes, I did experiment with darker looks as well actually. One reason I went with the color image is I did not want a forboding look. While it can work, it was not what I meant to portray when I took the picture. But I appreciate the feedback.

Appears to be a toss-up so far with likes. :)
The original shot has so many nice horizontal elements captured, that I saw an opportunity to highlight them for a contrasty, dramatic look. Never considered it forboding...well, the last one can be deemed 'Creeper'. Should composite in a hand coming through the soil, LOL! :D

Top Bottom