Touch Shutter Operation

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I have my A6600 set up to be able to use touch focus or touch tracking on the LCD. Menu / Camera Operation #2 / Touch Operation / Touch Focus - Touch Tracking. I have to turn off the Face/Eye Priority in AF to allow the touch focusing or touch tracking. However, if I have the Face/Eye Priority in AF turned on and there is a face in my image - it will track the face (animal/human) as long as I have AFC (continuous AF selected) so there is really no need for touch focus or touch tracking in that case.

However within that Function of Touch Operation menu selection there is a third choice Touch Shutter which I have not, for some reason been able to implement:redface:

Am I expecting the wrong thing in thinking that the camera should shoot when I touch the LCD screen while Touch Shutter is selected. If that is the way the camera should operate. what am I doing wrong?

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks RAZ...

For some reason the TOUCH SHUTTER doesn't work the way I have my camera set up. Touch focus works fine and so does touch tracking but, I can't get the camera to focus AND shoot a still image... Some setting might be preventing this operation but, I cannot figure out which it may be.

The touch/shutter operation (which the Canon 6D Mark-2 is capable of) is absolutely great for shooting a series of images for eventual combination into a focus bend operation...

Presently, I use my camera in the touch focus mode and then shoot with my remote release every time I have focused. Works fine that way but if Touch/Shutter was activated, that would be quicker and a lot more simple... Simply one less step for each exposure...

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Regular
An "intuitive" design would be to press half way for focus and all the way for shutter. ;)

OK, seriously, that could translate to tap and double-tap.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
The camera has three selections in the touch operation menu:
1. Focus only where tapped
2. Follow focus where tapped
3. Focus AND shoot where tapped... I cannot get the last option to work...

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I HIT THE JACKPOT...

I found the secret to touch and shoot operation in the Sony Help Guide:
https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1940/v1/en/contents/TP0002679662.html

The manual did not indicate that I needed to touch the Icon inside the rectangle at the top right of the screen. Once I touched that Icon the touch shutter was activated... Touching any spot on the LCD will focus the camera and shoot one shot. It is great with a stylus because I have more control over the exact spot I want to focus on...

Latest posts

Top Bottom