• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Took a walk with an old friend

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
Had to dust off the Nex-5r last night and go for a walk. shot with Rokinon 12mm F2
Felt nice remembering the quirks of the camera that started it all for me
took some shots with some of the built in apps... sheesh. forgot how clunky they were.
here is an image with the hdr painting effect applied in camera
NEX-5R    ----       f/1.0    1/50s    ISO 100

took some bracket exposures for merging in LR for comparison
NEX-5R    ----       f/1.0    1/100s    ISO 100

and another I merged in post
NEX-5R    ----       f/1.0    1/100s    ISO 100

NEX-5R    ----       f/1.0    1/60s    ISO 100

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I never used the NEX-5R but I have an NEX-7 which I converted to full time Infra Red. It's a nice little camera body which will accept all of my E-mount and adapted lenses...

The 12mm f/2.0 Rokinon is one of my favorite non-Sony lenses... It is sharp as a tack and easy to manually focus...

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I never used the NEX-5R but I have an NEX-7 which I converted to full time Infra Red. It's a nice little camera body which will accept all of my E-mount and adapted lenses...

The 12mm f/2.0 Rokinon is one of my favorite non-Sony lenses... It is sharp as a tack and easy to manually focus...
The 12mm pretty much lives on my NEX 5r. Ive got the a6500 and 16mm Sigma of I need AF. I do love how the rokinon renders.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I sold my Nex-7 to help fund my A7ii. Kind of miss it, just a tad.
I like the moodiness of the first image. The darkness looks more 'real' to me, like it was closer to sunset.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Just an idea unlo, but if the picture seems off once posted, make sure that you have used sRGB as the output color space. I know in the past that has bitten me, as browsers are inconsistent rendering any other color space.

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just an idea unlo, but if the picture seems off once posted, make sure that you have used sRGB as the output color space. I know in the past that has bitten me, as browsers are inconsistent rendering any other color space.
Thanks for the tip. The first image was rendered in camera and is a .jpeg. I'm pretty sure I only use sRGB from LR, and so far I'm pretty satisfied with the output.

Top Bottom