Too Lost with online printing services

Discussion in 'Printing' started by alaios, Jul 29, 2013.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Dear all,
    when it comes to printing I am always confused.

There are so many web sites offering print services but
    1. which of those would deliver to Germany/Greece?
    2. what would be the cost of the delivery?
    3. what about the quality. I had in the past some printouts from snapfish that were really bad.

of course I can find this info alone, if I make new account to each side and order like 10 printouts. But this is gonna take ages. Are there reviews regarding the prices and quality (quality is much more important for me though)

Regards
    Alex

2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Germany? Oh, I have some experience with the services there. First: NEVER order something at PosterXXL.de. Their quality is simply bad.

What I have found is that Whitewall.de has by far the best quality. Just don't choose their direct print options (for example the Alu-Dibond Direktdruck), as they won't be close to the quality their photo paper prints have. If you want just paper prints, their Lambda prints are pretty good for their price. Of course, for B&W photos, nothing in this world beats Barytpaper (which they also offer), and the Lightjet Print on Kodak Pro Endura paper have the most shadow details for color prints. I'm personally not a big fan of the Hahenmühle papers, but many love them too.

Edit: Oh, and they have a free sample set - you just have to pay approx. €5 for the shipping.

3. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Thanks they look really good. I will try those and post back.
    In the pas I have used snapfish, but it was medium and then the services at DM, Rossman but these were bad too.

4. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi again
    the samples package finally came. Unfortunately there are not Photobooks included so is hard for me to see their printing quality. Have you ever tried printing some photo books (soft,hardcover)?

Regards
    Alex

5. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Honestly I didn't even know they do photo books - I always only order big ass prints for my walls. But usually they print everything that's not specified closer with their Lambda printers, so I'd take a look at the included samples there. And if not - just look for the worst print quality in the sample set that's printed on actual photo paper (direct printing on other materials always looks worse) and expect at least this quality.

6. adityasinha

adityasinha New to TalkEmount

Sep 3, 2013
    Hey I am using printstop's service. hey it is so nice to place printing orders online and get it delivered next day.