Showcase Tokina RMC 17mm 1:3.5

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Jefenator, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    One of the very few extra-wide legacy bargains. I haven't compared it directly against the SEL16. (I did compare against a brand new Tokina 11-16 and I must have received a bad copy because the zoom got trounced.) Sharpness seems pretty decent.

tokina17demo-2. tokina17demo-3. tokina17demo.

My copy of the old prime may be slightly decentered - the entire right edge stays slightly mushy, even at f/11. Left side looks great, though - all the way to the corner, baby! (One solution w/ my copy would be to think in a more square-ish format like 4:5 while shooting, aim right & crop the mess away.) CA rears its ugly head but is swiftly dealt with in Lightroom. No sign of magenta cast in the corners on the N7 - least not to my untrained eye.

All in all, I'm pleased with the lens - it's a nice physical fit on a NEX IMO. It's certainly holding me over until some more enticing extra-wide solutions emerge.

• Like Like x 1
  2. southy

southy TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Australia
    • Like Like x 8
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    ^^ Just wow!!! Great photos and also absolutely love the post processing in the first 3 and that last photo is excellent :thumbsup:

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice work, fun processing.