1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Toggling the A6000's EVF on/off via a custom button

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by dsiglin, May 16, 2014.

1. dsiglin

dsiglin TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Greenville, SC
    If you are like me you wear your A6000 across your chest on a camera strap. It lets me quickly pull the camera up to shoot and then go hands free when I'm done. I've noticed the EVF proximity sensor kicks off when the camera is resting at my side. This is bad news for battery drain and a simple solution would be a toggle via the custom button setup. In hopes of seeing this made a reality I've started a request thread over at Sony's official support site. If you have other ideas for the A6000 or any Sony product that is the place to hopefully get noticed. If you like my idea, go ahead and register and give it some love so that hopefully Sony will consider it seriously. Thanks.

2. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    I have to say my only niggle with the A6000 so far is the EVF kicks in too easily. Just having the screen flicked up and shooting from the hip the shadow from my body makes the EVF kick in. A better solution to your and my problem would be a setting to change the sensitivity of the sensor as I don't want to give up a custom button assignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    If the camera has a sensor for when the screen is flipped out it could also disable the EVF which would fully solve my issue at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. dsiglin

dsiglin TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Greenville, SC
    yes they should do both, give the option for a custom button and let you change the sensitivity.