1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Today Mr Postman brought.....

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by teefin1, Nov 14, 2012.

1. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    This...A Yashica something or other, sporting a Yashinon DX 50mm 1.7

DSC08392 (2).

I haven't figured out how to turn it on, luckily I only wanted the lens. A few swift shots:

DSC08359 (2).

DSC08363 (2).

DSC08403 (2).

DSC08357 (2).

How does it fare in comparison to other fast fifty's? I have no clue as this is my first. :eek:

2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice!!! Love the last shot :thumbup: ;)

3. lapdog99

lapdog99 TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Colorado
    Like the first photo. It looks like she was caught in the act???

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Huh, that was my first camera that wasn't a Instamatic w/flash cube. If memory serves the camera is "on" all the time. The meter is activated by pressing down the metering lever. No current is drawn if the meter lever isn't engaged. I could be wrong though, it's been over 30 years since I sold mine.

Here's the manual: Yashica TL Electro-X instruction manual, free user manual

5. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    There's a fast nifties shoot-out I've seen recently and the guy lived the Yashica as well as the best noted lenses.
    Your shots are wonderful. Please keep sharing :)
    Today the mailman brought me a Sigma 30/2.8 but that's not way I'm impatiently waiting for. I want my QBM adapter so I can try the bloody Rollei Planar 50/1.8 that's been sleeping in my lens drawer !!!

6. Selten

Selten TalkEmount Regular

Oct 22, 2012
    Rhineland, Germany
    Lusi
    Lovely images, I like number 1 and 5 in particular - great captures! thank you for sharing them :)

7. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    Thanks guys, and thanks Bimjo!

Nianys, i read that article when i was looking for reviews of the Minolta (not received that yet) and it prompted me to go looking on ebay. For £15 i figured I couldnt lose. Just 'won' a Konica Hex 40, that everyone here speaks so highly of and I've never heard of a Rollei Planar, but no doubt now i'll be hunting reviews now you've mentioned it! ;)

8. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Well good luck finding one ;)
    It's a real Zeiss Planar clone and it's samples seen on Flickr that have prompted me to buy one. Praying that adapter comes soon.

9. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    Ha ha, I've found one, £100.....think I'll wait for you to report back first :p

10. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Congrats on your lens... and your SLR film clunker. I just love playing around these old mechanical bodies and hearing all the ratchet-ty sounds they make. Careful you don't drop it or it'll ruin your floor, lol!

First portrait is excellent... great lens for natural indoor lighting. Your children will thank you later for all the wonderful pics you've taken! They are of course priceless...

11. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    Thank you very much, I'm very flattered. :D

12. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    No, I meant good luck finding a review !!
    Don't buy one for 100£ by any means, I've found a second one here locally for half that ;) If mine is good I'll grab it and offer it for sale on the board.

13. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    Congratulations you have great old glass , although I've heard here in the forum those lenses are radioactive, anyway works very well, and I laughed a lot when Dioptrick said do not drop it on the floor, being pure metal is very heavy I guess so.

The photos are excellent, congratulations again