• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Today Mr Postman brought.....

teefin1

TalkEmount Top Veteran
This...A Yashica something or other, sporting a Yashinon DX 50mm 1.7

---            

I haven't figured out how to turn it on, luckily I only wanted the lens. A few swift shots:

---            

---            

---            

---            

How does it fare in comparison to other fast fifty's? I have no clue as this is my first. :eek:

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Huh, that was my first camera that wasn't a Instamatic w/flash cube. If memory serves the camera is "on" all the time. The meter is activated by pressing down the metering lever. No current is drawn if the meter lever isn't engaged. I could be wrong though, it's been over 30 years since I sold mine.

Here's the manual: Yashica TL Electro-X instruction manual, free user manual

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
There's a fast nifties shoot-out I've seen recently and the guy lived the Yashica as well as the best noted lenses.
Your shots are wonderful. Please keep sharing :)
Today the mailman brought me a Sigma 30/2.8 but that's not way I'm impatiently waiting for. I want my QBM adapter so I can try the bloody Rollei Planar 50/1.8 that's been sleeping in my lens drawer !!!

teefin1

TalkEmount Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys, and thanks Bimjo!

Nianys, i read that article when i was looking for reviews of the Minolta (not received that yet) and it prompted me to go looking on ebay. For £15 i figured I couldnt lose. Just 'won' a Konica Hex 40, that everyone here speaks so highly of and I've never heard of a Rollei Planar, but no doubt now i'll be hunting reviews now you've mentioned it! ;)

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
Well good luck finding one ;)
It's a real Zeiss Planar clone and it's samples seen on Flickr that have prompted me to buy one. Praying that adapter comes soon.

applemint

TalkEmount Veteran

teefin1

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Ha ha, I've found one, £100.....think I'll wait for you to report back first :p

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
This...A Yashica something or other, sporting a Yashinon DX 50mm 1.7
Congrats on your lens... and your SLR film clunker. I just love playing around these old mechanical bodies and hearing all the ratchet-ty sounds they make. Careful you don't drop it or it'll ruin your floor, lol!

First portrait is excellent... great lens for natural indoor lighting. Your children will thank you later for all the wonderful pics you've taken! They are of course priceless...

teefin1

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Thank you very much, I'm very flattered. :D

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
No, I meant good luck finding a review !!
Don't buy one for 100£ by any means, I've found a second one here locally for half that ;) If mine is good I'll grab it and offer it for sale on the board.

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
Congratulations you have great old glass , although I've heard here in the forum those lenses are radioactive, anyway works very well, and I laughed a lot when Dioptrick said do not drop it on the floor, being pure metal is very heavy I guess so.

The photos are excellent, congratulations again

Top Bottom