Tips on Using NEX-3n for Music Videos

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by hitgpx, Aug 16, 2013.

1. hitgpx

hitgpx New to TalkEmount

Aug 16, 2013
    Hello im a multimedia designer for about 10 years+ , specialized in print and web forever now, but also have done a lot of video editing and audio.
    But I have really been wanting to get into short videos and music videos, so I got my hands on a new NEX-3n with the 16-50mm lens. And have just been soaking up a number of videos and information online.

What im curious about, any tips you might have for using this camera for video!

- Certain Settings I should use before filming. or can I get a great look from the standard setting available?

- Can I still get a great look with the 50mm lens that comes with it, and or what budget lens do you recommend for music videos?

- im really interested in shooting b footage in the slow motion, to add to the production. how does that exactly work?

- also any must have equipment like: ring lights, other lighting you recommend

I plan on getting a good shoulder rig for stabilization, I have the tripods, LED lights already. an I have power director 11 and premier

I really appreciate any of your recommendations and time responding, thanks so much in advance :) mat.