Think I got a used 5N?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by SSS809, Jul 19, 2012.

1. SSS809

SSS809 New to TalkEmount

Jul 16, 2012
    Nebraska, USA
    Picked up a 5N from local camera shop today. Got home and unpacked the box and noticed the LCD screen is nice and smudgey as if it had been used.

Would this bother you? For the amount of money I spent I want a brand new unused camera.

2. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    It could have been opened and looked at but if you bought it as new I would take it back and tell the shop about it.
  3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Hi there... yeah that seems a bit odd. Most stores have one demo item for anyone to have a play with. When you finally decide to get one, they should've given you a new factory sealed box (unless of course you've asked them to install the memory card and battery for you). If a camera is "shop soiled" they should've mentioned it. Have a look at the photo name file numbering of your first photo taken from it. It might give you an indication of how many pics had been taken before you started using it.

Yes it would bother me but if it's less than previous 10 shots I personally wouldn't bother with the hassle of returning it. But then again, a principle has been violated... up to you really...