there's a submarine...

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
…in my parking lot!

Ok, it's just the sail, not the whole thing. USS Triton, the first submarine to circumnavigate the globe underwater was dismantled between 2007-2009. This is all that's left (besides the reactors) that isn't now razor blades.

Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
Wow

…in my parking lot!

Ok, it's just the sail, not the whole thing. USS Triton, the first submarine to circumnavigate the globe underwater was dismantled between 2007-2009. This is all that's left (besides the reactors) that isn't now razor blades.

That's just cool. Where is it that you work?

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys. :)

Until mid-September I worked at Hanford, north of Richland, WA, where there are many sub reactors staged for burial. That's one of the reasons that this sail is in Richland, because of the link between the site & the Navy.

Hopefully there will be occasions when they unlock the hatches and allow visitors inside. That would be a great photo op.

Click here for more photos.

jfazer

TalkEmount Regular
Thanks guys. :)

Until mid-September I worked at Hanford, north of Richland, WA, where there are many sub reactors staged for burial. That's one of the reasons that this sail is in Richland, because of the link between the site & the Navy.

Hopefully there will be occasions when they unlock the hatches and allow visitors inside. That would be a great photo op.

Click here for more photos.
Good pics at your link!

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys.

Tom, there's a bed-n-breakfast place on the Olympic peninsula that uses cabooses (caboosi?) as the rooms. Haven't been there, but the wife would like to go.

jsc

New to TalkEmount
…in my parking lot!

That's a much cooler neighbourhood than mine ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom