1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

The Wilds

Discussion in 'Nature' started by unlo, Aug 22, 2016.

1. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    there are more, but these are the few i've processed so far

SleepyRhino-2. Spidy+drops. UpCloseGiraffe.

imho, this tour + the use of any sony gear they brought along was worth way more than the price of admission. Really glad I went!

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Very nice series, well done. What lens(es) did you use? Was this some sort of Sony-sponsored outing?

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Strong set of images, good stuff!

5. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    Yes, in conjunction with my local camera store. I used the A mount 70-400, and the new FE 70-300 G lens. Wasn't getting great focus with the A mount and my Laea3 but i'm convinced a nasty sensor spot was to blame. (more on that later) i really enjoyed the G lens when i did switch to that. The native lens was much lighter and felt great in hand.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    Excellent!

7. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Really intimate shots.

8. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Wow beautiful work!!!
    So the big question: are you convinced with the a6300, are you getting one? :D

...or do you already have one? :confused-69:

9. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    Thank you! i'd venture the camera did most of the work for me!

if you attended the safari tour with Sony they did provide discounts which are good thru the 28th of this month.
    while I COULD pull out the plastic and jump right in. I'm trying to hold off until there is a smidge of a deal going on. currently they were offering 50$ off every 1000 you spent. :/

I'm not holding my breath but really wanting a Black Friday / Cyber Monday deal to come along and be worthwhile.

I really enjoyed shooting with the a6300, I found the tracking focus to be awesome. (even with non native lenses) I love my a7ii but for what its worth I really enjoy the size of the a6300 vs the a7ii
    My first camera was / is the NEX 5r. I really enjoy that size camera. one of the biggest drawbacks of the 5r was lack of a viewfinder (I begrudgingly purchased a used viewfinder) the a6300 viewfinder was awesome[side note the eye cup is VERY rigid and can be painful to rest against your face/eyebrow for long periods of time].
    I only shot a few samples of video and only in 1080 b/c I didn't bring my good cards with me (sadly) wanted to try out some 4k.
    I'm for sure sold on the a6300. It's the upgrade from my 5r that seems more than worthy of my dollars. Just waiting a bit longer for a better deal seems wise.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    When you get the A6300, you can sell me your a7ii at a rock bottom price. :biggrin:

Just curious - what did you find about the A6300 that was more compelling than say the A6000? Already having the A6K and not being a video guy, I am not seeing a compelling bang/buck and would probably go with a used A7xx FF whenever I decide I do want a step up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    honestly I'm very interested in shooting video. And as my a7ii doesn't do 4k ... that's main reason for me.
    over the a6000? more focus points. more likely to receive more updates as it's newer. small picky little things like that really.

• Informative Informative x 1