The Sony NEX 'hack' - who is aware of it and what features would you like to see in a new firmware ?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by markoneswift, Nov 30, 2012.

1. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Hi all, I'm just throwing the question out there - who has heard of this 'hack' for the NEX firmware ? There's an ongoing project to open up the NEX opertaing system to allow the addition of extra features and functions.

Personally, I would like to see the addition of an intervalometer function - like a programmable software timer - would be handy for doing star trails etc on my NEX-C3 wchich has no remote function on it. Maybe the ability to use a USB remote too, that would be cool.
  2. garethwi

garethwi TalkEmount Regular

Sep 2, 2011
    I think that will be coming soon for the 5R and the 6. One of the main reasons I bought the 6 was for the programs.
  3. SRHEdD

SRHEdD TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    In a firmware update for the NEX-6? Make all the info sent between the camera and the HVL-F43AM available on the flash's LCD. Petty, but since you're at it...
  4. ponyslaystation

ponyslaystation TalkEmount Regular

Oct 20, 2012
    There is literally only one guy actively working on it, I wouldn't hold out much hope.