The Photog

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by newst, Sep 10, 2017.

1. newst

newst TalkEmount Regular

Aug 20, 2014
    Troy, MI
    Steve New
    A few of you might have noticed that I have been posting a number of Whitetail Deer images taken at the local Lloyd A. Stage nature center. I'm there every day that life and the weather allow. Walking the trails helps provide the exercise I need to continue my recovery from a heart attack back in 2015 in a beautiful and serene setting far more soul satisfying than time on a treadmill.

Well I was walking again this morning and it appears that rutting season is upon us. Nothing serious yet, more like practice, or sparring. A couple clashes then switch to a different partner and repeat.

What bothered me was the photographer in these photos. I have seen him in the park before and suspect he belongs to the Nature Center's Photography Club (I will be attending my first meeting this coming Thursday to check the club out). There are more than enough signs posted telling us to stay on the trails (where I took my photos from). I am conflicted. I know how much I wanted to move in closer for better images. I am also aware of how quickly the center would be destroyed if every visitor was allowed to wander all over the campus following their personal preferences.

2017-09-10 Stage Deer A7II Rokkor 200-28_2X (26).
    2017-09-10 Stage Deer A7II Rokkor 200-28_2X (29).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. chalkdust

chalkdust TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2015
    Bert Cheney
    I feel your conflict. I, myself, am a nearly pathological rule-follower. I could not allow myself to get off the marked trails. I understand other points of view, and I consciously avoid expressing judgement of other people in this regard. I would say, just take care of yourself. Enjoy your walk, enjoy your recovery, enjoy your photography.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Stay on the trails only applies to other folks ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. newst

newst TalkEmount Regular

Aug 20, 2014
    Troy, MI
    Steve New
    Thanks for your comments and trust me, I am not interested in confronting this individual. I only offer the entire scenario as a photographic slice of life. If only one of the Stay on the Trail signs would have been in position to include in the image. Oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mus Aziz

Mus Aziz TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 3, 2015
    Mus
    :(

Tactfully bring the matter up at your first club meeting, without pointing any fingers. Asking something like "Are we supposed to strictly stay on the designated trails?" The answer/s from the powers that be would hopefully be a reminder to the guilty ones.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Seems to me it comes down to this: Will my action help to achieve my goal? If you can answer that question, then simple your course is. :jedi:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Wish we could do two emojis... funny and agree here.

• Agree Agree x 2