1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

The Lost River and Flume Gorges

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by dbmiller, Aug 17, 2012.

1. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    Uploaded a set of pictures from this weekend. All were taken with the Sigma 19mm on the 5n.

The Lost River and Flume Gorges

They didn't go into the album in the order I wanted, but that's okay...

Pic #1 of 7: Evening vista from the Flume Gorge Visitor Center, Mount Liberty, Lincoln, NH. Image is a 4-EV HDR
    Pic #2 of 7: Top of the Flume
    Pic #3 of 7: 100% crop of next picture
    Pic #4 of 7: The Flume Gorge
    Pic #5 of 7: Along the trail leading up to the Flume Gorge
    Pic #6 of 7: One of about six rainbows we saw that day. Scattered thunderstorms along the way home made for great rainbow conditions.
    Pic #7 of 7: The "Lost River" in North Woodstock, NH

Not a lot of water at this point of the year, and also due to the very dry past few seasons.

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Those are very nice db.

Almost makes me want to pick up that lens. Almost. I'm in love with legacy lenses at the moment, but that could change at the drop of a hat. ;)

3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Wonderful place! The wooden walkways built into the rock walls are straight out of an Indiana Jones adventure! :)

I really like the shot with the blurred walkers and a lady shooting a flash directly at you. The blurred movement gave the whole composition a dynamic feel, and gave it a sense of scale too. The flash also created a starburst, giving an element of sparkle in an otherwise dim environment. That's a really great shot db!