The Iron Men at Crosby Beach, not far from Liverpool UK

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by davegore2005, Jun 3, 2013.

1. davegore2005

davegore2005 TalkEmount Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    Sony NEX C3, taken a stones throw from where I grew up

Dave

Attached Files:

2. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Nice.

I looks like the ironman got photo-bombed in the third photo

3. bmg123

bmg123 TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    England, UK
    Second one is really cool. Monolithic, almost.

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I like #1 (minus the shadows created visible in the sand) ;)

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice shots.

Gonna assume number 3 was done that way.

6. davegore2005

Jan 31, 2013
    yes...number three was staged....i actually thought i managed to not get the shadows...my fault for not checking that one

7. davegore2005

Jan 31, 2013
    without shadows

Attached Files:

8. Jaf-Photo

Jaf-Photo TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    These sculptures are great subjects for photography. I could see myself doing a whole series of photographs at light and weather conditions. If I were anywhere near Liverpool, of course ;)

I think the third one is funny but it probably works best to shoot them in complete isolation to emphasise their exposure and monolithic qualities.

9. davegore2005

Jan 31, 2013
    jaf...they change so much depending on the sunshine, the weather and even the tide...each one is the same cast of the sculptor but each one is different depending on where they are sited..some are fully in view, some are buried waist or even chest deep in the sand....plus the ones further out at sea have barnacles and sea life growing on them...it's a fabulous place to spend time

dave

10. Jaf-Photo

Jaf-Photo TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Kudos to the local council for giving planning to do this. Many places probably wouldn't.

Perhaps we could look forward to more iron men photos from you, Dave?

11. davegore2005

Jan 31, 2013
    no problem

12. MikeCaine

MikeCaine TalkEmount Rookie

Nov 28, 2012
    Isle of Man
  13. davegore2005

Jan 31, 2013
    there was an independent group that lobbied the council to have them stay there...i love them...have done since the first time i saw them, and every time i spend time there there are always a lot of people taking a real interest in the statues, and the council have got the good sense since they were allowed to stay to use them as an asset for the local area....as i said in my reply earlier, they are a seriously moving and intriguing work of public art....each one truly is different depending where they are placed, we were there twice yesterday and in the bright sunshine and again in the evening when the sun was getting very low in the sky over the statues it was an entirely different landscape

Dave