1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

The Iris.....manmade doesn't compare to colors & beauty in Nature

Discussion in 'Nature' started by roundball, May 10, 2015.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Canon FDn 200/4.0 Macro lens on NEX-7

Last edited: May 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 9
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Beautiful !!!

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    Just lovely :)

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    great looking flower :)

5. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Thanks all...really pleased with the way this turned out...I experimented with 'spot metering' on it, having learned from bird shots (also smallish subjects) that 'spot metering' often renders the surrounding space very dark to black...seemed to work great on this flower which had overhead sunlight coming right down on it...was probably 10-12 feet away with the Canon 200mm Macro lens.
    Suspect I'll be using it a lot again now that spring / summer subjects are coming on strong.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zanner

Zanner TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Wisconsin, USA
    Suzanne
    I can't wait to get outside and see some flowers! Things are still just coming up here. We have awhile yet I think. Still in the 50s. Lots of rain though so that is making things come out of hiding

7. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Shouldn't be long...our winter down here, while certainly nothing like the extreme north, has been much colder than normal with a very high percentage of days in dark / cloudy / rainy conditions since the first of the year...but finally started turning the corner about 3-4 weeks ago with more and more days of sun / warmer temps, and spring growth has really been taking off lately.
    A local Arboretum has acres of different stuff planted and every week there seems to be a new wave of something coming into bloom, so it'll be my weekly 'go-to' place for the next few weeks...keep trying, learning, etc...and the good news is, everything is so pretty, even if I screw up I have a few hours of great sights while I'm there :)

• Like Like x 1