1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

The invisible HD videos (AVCHD)

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by macjim, Oct 26, 2011.

1. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    I have a puzzle, I'm currently test out my NEX-5N in different environments to get used to the handling, and I finally tried out the video recording mode on Monday last. Now, I'm not going to start another debate about the clicking noise so don't panic, but what I'm puzzled about is this: how on earth do I get HiDef video of the card and onto my MacBook Pro to view, and edit? I installed the two Mac software programmed that came with the camera on the disc but neither seem to be able to open the video files, it typical Sony Mac software — not very good!
    I've resorted to using MP4 recordings for now as that gets imported into Lightroom 3 without any problem but I'd prefer to use the higher quality HiDef video (1080P) that this camera can record at.
    Does the file need a different software to view it with? Does it need converting to make it work on OSX Lion? Or are we waiting yet again for Adobe to update Lightroom 3 to work with the higher quality video files?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    Kind I answering my own question but, I searched on YouTube and got this wee video and the answer is to import to iMovie!
    So I can now reset my video settings in-camera back to avchd

Cheers, Macjim.