1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

The deal of the year

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by izTheViz, May 12, 2016.

1. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    Guys,

Just missed the deal of the year. On a similar Sony Alpha French forum a Belgian guy sold his brand new A7R2 he bought in Feb for 1699€ in mint condition !!!! Too heavy he says...
    He posted the ad yesterday evening and I just saw that this morning. The camera was sold in 7 minutes !
    Nonetheless he also sells the SAMYANG 14mm F/2.8 AD AS IF UMC for 199 €. Good one for night/astrophotography.
    Said I was interested. Hope I'll get it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    That almost belongs to the category "Too good to be true", both for the camera and the lens. In such cases I'd only pick it up in person.

3. izTheViz

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    Well, many photos of the camera were provided, invoices and everything...but it looks indeed to good to be true. Don't get why so low price. He could have sold it for 2000€ at least.

4. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I've been burnt once, a NEX-7 for only € 200. I agreed to have it sent to me instead of picking it up. The seller showed the camera and all the paperwork in several pictures and his bank account was not known to have been used for fraudulent activities (could check on a site of the Dutch police). Paid, never got the camera, reported the fraud to the police without any result. Just out of curiosity I made contact again with presumably the same seller later on and pushed him to have me pick it up. He tried to lure me in several ways to have it shipped and then simply stopped responding.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Sucks :(
    So I imagine you never got your money back? Strange that the police in coordination with the sellers bank couldn't do anything...

6. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    And that's a heck of a deal Yiannis!!!
    Both for a camera and the Samyang - get the lens :D

7. izTheViz

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    Asked for it. Let's see. Should overcome the 16-35 F4 limitation somehow.
    We'll soon know whether it was a real deal or a rip-off. I assume the "lucky" guy who drew first yesterday evening will certainly express himself on the forum if something goes wrong...

8. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    This was a crazy deal, but as to the whole ripoff thing. If you use Paypal don't they hold the funds for awhile and help resolve disputes?

9. izTheViz

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    Everything is gone of course (a7r2, samyang 14, fe 90) except the 24-240 for 599 euros.

10. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    :( for the RII and Samy but wow for the 24-240!!! Only 600€??? This guy is really giving his stuff for "free" :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    With all the traveling you do, Yannis, you may want to give that 24-240 a try. It was practically glued to my camera on my last trip, and I never had any regrets.

12. izTheViz

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    Actually thought about this 24-240 given the bargain. Still available BTW. I was more in a mood for the 70-200 but why not.
    This guy is crazy I must admit. 1699 for A7RII...everything was bought if February.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    The FE 24-240 mm for € 600 is a good deal, but not really crazy IMHO. It's offered new for € 999 in The Netherlands.