• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

The community seems vaguely like a ghost town?

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Ovidiu
I've become a member here only a little while ago and I'm noticing that the community here is very scarce and very not active.

2404 Registered members ... 50 online ... 43 Guests ... 7 active members ... 1 is a moderator.

Should I guess that most are out making pictures ... Or are most of Sony shooters to professional for forums (unless it's DPReview of course :p ).

I've noticed that a lot of the posts are done by a very few dedicated and active but the same members.

Brownie

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Tim
You're used to M-4/3 with 16,000 members. This place is much smaller and moves more slowly, but the attitude is very much the same. I find it welcoming and members open to input from newbies. So, as someone who's 'known' you for several years, stop bitching and start posting.

Note: 16,000 members at M-4/3 and 61 (currently) online is .0038 participation. Using your numbers for here, 2000 members and 7 members is .0035 participation. Exactly the same.

Last edited:

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
COVID did slow activity down here noticeably. I know I'm shooting ~10% of what I was able to indulge. We lost some members, hopefully not to health but simply moved on.
Been here almost since its creation, and it has maintained a pleasant, easy-going inviting atmosphere. With an emphasis on the photography, the past time experience, rather than the gear. There is also a healthy acceptance of other systems here, and not a tribalistic exclusion zone. If you enjoy the voyeuristic pleasure of following conflict of alpha dogs arguing for pack supremacy on the likes of DPR and Fred Miranda....you will be disappointed here. ;-) We've had a few alphas, obnoxious, and/or rude types post here, but the forum members aren't too tolerant of such behavior and is pretty self-regulating. They seem to move on when they can't obtain the response they seek.
This forum has been consistently all class and quality, with quality people posting high quality photographs that I greatly appreciate and respect. If that sounds like a forum that interests you, stick around.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
I left DPR years ago. I do lurk on the Sony forum over at FM as well but rarely post there. In that forum at least, they are not nearly as toxic as DPR and the core group there is more like here in friendliness, they just tolerate the alpha dogs or let them fight it out among themselves. Fred occasionally will shut things down if they get too ugly.

I spend much more time and effort here. l think this is a great place to hang around and chat about all things photography, but especially emount-related so I can learn and be inspired to create with what I have in hand, so to speak.

Latest threads

Top Bottom