The Cat

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by Simsy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    Well just trying to get used to the little nex f3 compared to my a77 dslr and as it was to hot to really go out today I thought what can I shoot yep the cat, well 1 of the 2 Bengal Cats that we have. This 1 is the female and her name is sandy the other is male and his name is Charlie but he seamed to be hiding today. Anyway here are a few shots.

2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Nice!!! Love the first one ;)
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Wow, reminds us of house cats distant past.

Amazing work.
  4. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Bengals are the bomb...
  5. BJW

BJW TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Very nice! Doesn’t look completely happy on all the images.
  6. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    That's just the Bengal way they can get quite aggressive and they are smart as and very agile. In Australia most breeders won't sell them unless you intend to keep them caged ours have the house and a large outdoor enclosure to play in. They are the last cat to be domesticated they are a cross of a domestic cat and a Asian leopard cat ours are about 5 generations from the wild. They do tend to make life interesting around the place.
  7. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    I bet they make lige ineresting, lol... Nice pictures, and yes she is beautiful. The 2nd shot is my fave.
  8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Beautiful green eyes. Is that typical of the breed?
  9. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    Yes as far as I know it is they come in 2 colors a grayish color and a reddish we have both red's although the female is less colorful than the male. they also can have stripes and rosettes like ours or just rosettes or have a large mottled pattern they can get really big we had another male he was huge about the size of a small dog he weighed around 7kgs and didn't have any fat on him. Unfortunately we had to find him another home he was just to big and aggressive for us to handle. He once went through a glass window because he wanted to get to another cat that walked by fortunately for us he picked a window that we have alloy mesh flyscreen on so he couldn't get out (lucky for the other cat as well). They are really smart and very inquisitive they will get into everything that comes into tho house shopping bags box's peoples handbags that sort of thing they also like to play heaps, playing fetch can get exciting I screw up a piece of paper into a ball and start chucking it around the house they go nuts for it, it docent matter where you throw it behind the lounge, up onto of the wall unit under the bed anywhere they will go get it and bring it back to you for another go. I have had to kick them out of my office many times whenever I open my camera box they want to get in it and whenever I try to do something they want to help it can be a nuance sometimes. They are funny with the wife she could be bent over cleaning the bath tub and usually one of them will jump up on her back and watch from there. One of their most disturbing habits is they like to watch you have a shower by that I mean they like to jump up on top of the shower screen and walk around it while your in there the screen is no more than 10mm thick its funny when they are both up there and they decide to swap sides they manage it I haven't seen them fall yet. they also like to paddle in the water for a bit once you have finished. They are defiantly not your average cat that's for sure I guess that's why they are becoming so popular at the moment.