• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

The American Robin Family

Strider64

TalkEmount Veteran

The very first day I used a DJI Osmo Pocket as I didn't want to accident bump into the nest as I was on a ladder. The second day I hand held a Sony A9 with a Sony 100-400mm GM lens attached to it, but the video was shaky and I didn't want to get close to the nest as the male or female would never come to feed the brood as long as I was close by. The male robin is usually the one that feeds the brood as the female is already busy building a second nest. Then I got the bright idea of putting the Sony A9 on tripod using a gimbal to shoot a stable video. I started on May 23 through to today (May 29) and hopefully I will get some more video shootage, but the kids will be soon leaving the nest. :( As you can tell from the last video segment that they are already getting their plumage and color.

Strider64

TalkEmount Veteran
Hard to believe those chicks can take a whole worm, whole.
Nice job!
I thought so to at first, but I think the adult robin picks up the regurgitated worm (or bug) out of the baby robbin's mouth. It's kind of disgusting to watch, but that's nature.

Thanks and Thank to everyone else.

Latest threads

Top Bottom