1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Thanks for all the help, but I went OM-D...

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by LowriderS10, May 26, 2013.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 TalkEmount Regular

Mar 23, 2013
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help and info on the Sony NEX/E-mount products, you really helped me learn a lot! However, this weekend I picked up an Olympus OM-D. I have to say it was a very tough decision between it and the NEX-6, but in the end, a few things on the Olympus won me over. I like the dial layout of the OM-D better (I have to twist my thumb very unnaturally to operate the back dial on the 6), I'm trying to be as low-key as possible and I'm hoping that to the casual thief the OM-D will look like a cheap old film camera not worth stealing, the quality control on the Sony lenses, specifically decentering issues on the 10-18, the 45 1.8 on the Oly gives me slightly more reach than the 50 1.8 on the Sony, which I prefer for its main intended purpose: street photography. Finally, the price of the NEX + lenses went up in Korea, whereas the price of the OM-D + lenses dropped a little, obliterating the price advantage the Sony had a month ago.

Either way, the NEX is a very fine system, and one of my best friends owns a NEX-5N + Tamron 18-200 + kit lens + 16 2.8, and is about to buy an EVF and a macro lens, so I'm sure I'll be back here asking you guys questions to help her out.

Happy shooting!

2. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Congratulations!

3. Lucille

Lucille TalkEmount Veteran

May 22, 2013
    I love my Omd, you will be happy.

4. Moshe

Moshe TalkEmount Regular

May 25, 2013
    You should post some pictures on the other systems section. I would love to see your work and what you can do with that camera.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TalkNEX mobile app

5. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 TalkEmount Regular

Mar 23, 2013
    I love how positive people on this forum are!! :) Thanks, everyone...I'll post back when I start shooting with it. This week is crazy busy, but I'm hoping to get out and shoot on the weekend. :)

6. dejavu2339

dejavu2339 TalkEmount Regular

Mar 25, 2013
    I think omd is the ├Âne of the best system for photographer because of image quality and inside body image stabilization ... I hope you like it and please share some photo here