Tethered Capture A7mk2

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by unlo, Nov 18, 2015.

1. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Questions: Anyone currently set up to shoot (possibly studio) Tethered to computer/laptop?
    What software are you using if you are? What benefits does it provide you?

Remarks: I updated my firmware today and also updated Lightroom and Capture1 Tried Lightroom tethered capture but quickly found out they don't support Sony cameras for that feature. moving onto capture one. (i'm still updating it) I was able to capture but not view live from the camera via the software. maybe the update will help with that....
  2. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    This page has Capture One Pro support of various cameras. Be sure you click on the Sony logo or select it in the dropdown. According to that page, your A7ii supports both tethered and Live View capture. I cannot verify this as I have an A6000 which does not have support for Live View, though it does do tethered. I just gave it a try and in my case and I am sure yours, you can access a lot of camera controls and the shutter right from the C1 interface. Might be good for delicate studio work (like say macro) where you do not want to disturb the camera.

Capture One Pro 8 camera support
    • Informative Informative x 1