1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Temptation got the better of me A7R3

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Kiwi Paul, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul TalkEmount Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    I finally caved in today and ordered an A7R3, much as I love the A72 I do miss a couple of features the A7R2 had (auto ISO Min shutter speed for one, I really can't believe they never implemented that on the A72!!) do decided to go for it, I did contemplate just getting an A7R2 again but naaaa decided to just go for it and get the latest version.
    Looking forward to getting it and now will be selling the A72 and A6300

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  2. Tipton

Tipton TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 30, 2016
    Rae Leggett
    Get an A7R2 for your backup camera :) 

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Full-swing back to the Sony forefront then. Well you could do worse...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. orlcam88

orlcam88 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 24, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    I did the same. At the photo expo in NY, there was a station where they would buy used cameras and another station selling camera equipment. I had my A7rII with me as I usually do when I go to the expo. I knew some of the features of the A7r III but what found frustrating with the rII is that the r III has a better auto evf/lcd. The II was too sensitive and was prone to burning out the battery. The other issue I had with rII was trying to get a focus on moving objects. For shooting birds, I needed something faster and I knew that the A7rIII was faster at focusing than the A7rII.

So I sold my camera on the spot and bought the A7rIII at the show.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tipton

Jan 30, 2016
    Rae Leggett
    Current GAS problems:
    • I desire the A7III. Great all around camera.
    • If I buy the A7III, I know I'll want to upgrade to the A7RIII, just like I upgraded to the RII after I bought the A7II
    • I can't afford the A7RIII without selling both my A7RII and my A6500
    • then I won't have a backup camera, which my trip up north taught me I really need.
    • so...maybe I'll buy the A7III, sell the A6500, and keep the A7RII as a backup?
    • BLUESCREEN OF DEATH

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    If I come across an A9 for a low price, I might give into temptation as well! :D 

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Feb 17, 2015
    I've sold off my Nex-7 in hopes of saving for a native lens. The siren call of the A7iii is strong though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul TalkEmount Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    No, I don't keep a backup camera now, I used to but I have the RX100 M6 and if the A7R3 ever had issues while out on a shoot the RX100 is good enough to use as a backup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tipton

Jan 30, 2016
    Rae Leggett
    So I handled an A7III today at my local camera store. I will be getting one in the future. But I had to pay both car and house insurance this month, so not right now...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.