1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Tell us your real name...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Amin Sabet, May 24, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Many of our members have usernames that are different from their real names. For example, Bolampau's real first name is Paul. I created a "Real Name" field in the user profile, so that if you'd like to share your real first name with us, you can enter it there and it will be displayed in your posts. I think it's a nice thing to do, but it's completely optional.

To add your real name to your profile, go to the bottom of this page: https://www.talkemount.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

2. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Hi Amin,
    Good suggestion!

interestingly, bolampau is the old 5+3 convention I had to use at work i.e. the first 5 letters of your surname plus the first 3 letters of your first name. Obviously, I was so brainwashed by this method that I still use it today! Ain't I the sad old git!
    Cheers,
    Paul

3. Adwers

Adwers TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 24, 2012
    Warsaw, Poland
    Adam
    Why not? :)

4. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Unfortunately I was named after something most people think is cool hence it's kinda over used unnecessarily.......trust me, there's nothing cool about a burning chicken who's sole purpose is to burn down only to get reborn to do it all over again, either that or a state in the US where laws such as "Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs" and "You may not have more than two d*ldos in a house" exist.

5. ikelah

ikelah New to TalkEmount

Jul 3, 2012
    hi, i am azmi from malaysia. an amateur and newbie with sony camera.

got my nex7 last april 14th and using the kit lens. i was using nikon for the past years and it grew too heavy. plan to get the zeiss soon. tried nex 7with my nikon lenses but the dof was too shallow for landscape and street. maybe i the lenses i used was not suitable(nikon17-35 f2.8, nikon 70-200 f2.8, nikon 60 f2.8). on my last nikon group outing, somebody noticed there was a crack on the body. i had never dropped it before, sot the plastic body is lousy. it had been with sony for a month and i wonder what took them that long to just change the body as the function was normal. i gotta pay for it as they claim that i dropped it. never mind, i just payed even though i m not happy with sony. nex 7 is a great camera but pity the lens range is limited, i mean the high performance lens.

6. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Hello Azami! :) Hope you get your NEX7 back soon.