• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

teapot dome

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
The service station, not the scandal (google it), though they are related. Built in the 1920s as a protest on the scandal, the service station served as a working gas station for many years. Once relocated due to highway construction, it may be moved again by the new owners into the town of Zillah, WA to preserve the structure. It is on the National Historical Register and is listed as endangered.

Here it is.
teapot_dome111204_03.jpg
NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    21mm    f/4.5    1/1250s    ISO 100

A tad worse for the wear, which is why they want to move it into town.
teapot_dome111204_04.jpg
NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    23mm    f/4.5    1/2000s    ISO 100

It's been a little while since they actually pumped any gas.
teapot_dome111204_05.jpg
NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    23mm    f/4.5    1/2000s    ISO 100

More pics on my blog.

serhan

TalkEmount All-Pro
Very nice and interesting structure and your beautiful shots reflect it. Thanks. I don't know why they stopped building these:)

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
No idea why they stopped building stuff like this. Sorta like all those great unique burger places that no longer exist. Kinda sad actually. I hope they are able to get this moved and refurbished to its former glory.

jfazer

TalkEmount Regular
That service station is lovely... I hope they move it to preserve that structure...
Good shots!

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
That service station is lovely... I hope they move it to preserve that structure...
Good shots!

Me too. Interestingly, as I was researching this I found out that during the first move a car ran into the building and it had to be almost totally rebuilt. Originally there was a Port Cochere thing over the door out to the pumps that didn't make the move.

jfazer

TalkEmount Regular
Me too. Interestingly, as I was researching this I found out that during the first move a car ran into the building and it had to be almost totally rebuilt. Originally there was a Port Cochere thing over the door out to the pumps that didn't make the move.

Interesting... Thanks for the information...

hodad66

Sony Guru
Real Name
John
Now you don't see one of those very often! Great shots..... I haven't seen any
gas stations for months with my Chevy Volt. Love driving electric.....

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Now you don't see one of those very often! Great shots..... I haven't seen any
gas stations for months with my Chevy Volt. Love driving electric.....

Nope, not every day. Too bad though, this sort of stuff was once pretty common. Along with teepee/log cabin motels & the like.

So, just how much electricity does the electric tank hold anyway? (spoofing the Volt commercial)

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro

I'm glad it's going to be relocated and preserved - including the old pumps I hope.

Latest threads

Top Bottom