TAP up dating question

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Anyone here know if you can up date the TAP firmware from the earliest version to the latest in a single 'jump'?
I've got a TAP that has only been on my camera one time. I left it on the camera overnite and found it had drained the battery for me. I took the TAP off and put it back in the box as I don't like hardware that does stuff I'm not aware of when it should be 'off'.
I'd like to give it another try as I'm finding using manual lenses is about my only way to get certain focal lengths, mainly due to the cost of Sony lenses.
Can I take my Version 1 (I think, not sure how to check that) all the way to the latest version in one leap?
Thanks for any help.

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
Yeah, you can update from FW 1 and to FW 6, no problem. You can even go backwards if you want. Saying that, be very careful. Sometimes the app and server are buggy and slow, you can brick your TAP by trying to update during these sluggish times.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
I used to own a TAP. Latter firmwares nearly eliminated the battery drain issue for me (A7ii). There were a number of other fixes along the way and the latter firmwares were much better. Definitely update it.

As far as I know, there is zero risk to you cameras.

Latest posts

Top Bottom